While obtaining his undergraduate degree Dr. Settergren competed as an NCAA Division 1 pole-vaulter, and went on to compete in national competitions. He is also an avid triathlete competing in marathons and Ironman competitions.
Upon finishing his polevault career Dr. Settergren went on to obtain a master’s degree in exercise physiology and biomechanics.
Dr. Settergren is both a medical doctor, and a chiropractic physician. This unique training make him an expert at both diagnosing and treating sports injuries without drugs or surgery. His unique training have allowed him to speak nationally & internationally on topics such as musculoskeletal ultrasound, corrective exercise, sports injuries, and fascia.
• Dry Needling
• Instrument Aided Myofascial Release
•Active Muscle Release
• Biomechanics Analysis
• Stability and Rock Taping
• Joint Mobilization
• Biomedical Dry Needling
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support
• USA Track & Field Level 1 Coach
• American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) Musculoskeletal Sonography (RMSK)
• National Strength and Conditioning Association
Strength and Conditioning Specialist
• National College of Sports Medicine
Corrective Exercise Specialist
Performance Enhancement Specialist